- Can I use my Railcard at any time of day?
- Can I use my Railcard on any Train Company?
- Can I purchase First Class tickets with my Railcard?
- Can I use my Railcard if I buy my ticket on the train?
- Can I use the Railcard when I am travelling on my own?
- Can I use my Railcard to buy tickets for other people?
- Will I have to pay the full fare if I forget to bring my Railcard when I travel?
- Can I reserve my seat if booking a ticket in advance?
- Can I get a discount on Season tickets and period Travelcards with a Two Together Railcard?
- Can I use my Railcard for tickets for travel on the London Underground?
- Will I receive the Railcard discount on any chargeable items I take on the train with me?
- Can I use my Railcard in conjunction with Train Company special offers?
- Can I use my Railcard to save on more than just train travel?
Your Railcard can be used at any time of the day throughout Great Britain, except between 04:30 - 09:30am Monday to Friday.
Yes, you can. Although you should live within the trial area to purchase the Two Together Railcard, you can use your Railcard to purchase discounted rail tickets at any staffed ticket office throughout Great Britain.
Yes, First Class tickets can be purchased using your Two Together Railcard.
If there is no ticket office, or the ticket office is closed, then you can buy your discounted ticket from the conductor on board. Otherwise you must buy your ticket before you board the train or you could be charged the full price Standard Single fare.
No. The Railcard is for use by you and your second named cardholder when you are travelling together. The two named cardholders must travel together for the entire journey for their discounted tickets to be valid.
Definitely not, the Railcard can only be used to buy discounted tickets for its named cardholders to travel with.
Yes. You must show your valid Two Together Railcard when you buy your tickets. You must also have your Railcard with you on each journey and present it to staff when your tickets are checked on board the train. Failure to present your Railcard will mean you both have to pay a full fare, which is not refundable.
Yes. Many train companies will allow you to reserve seats free of charge on longer distance journeys. However, not all services have reservations so please check before you plan your trip.
No, we’re sorry but the Railcard gives no discount on these ticket types.
When you buy discounted rail tickets using your Railcard to London mainline train stations, they are valid for use on the London Underground if you need to use the tube to get to the mainline train station destination.
Anytime and Off-Peak Travelcards are also available when bought as part of your ticket to London from outside London Zones 1-9, subject to a minimum fare.
However, we’re sorry that you can’t use your Railcard to get a discount when buying tickets from a London Underground booking office.
The Railcard discount does not cover charges on various articles or animals. For details of which items carry a charge, and details of the charges, please call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.
Your Railcard may get you the full 1/3 discount on some Train Company special offers, but many special offers include a smaller discount or no discount at all.
It's best to ask at your local station for details of a specific offer or call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50. Alternatively, you can visit nationalrail.co.uk.
You sure can! We've worked with partners to give you some great offers. It's best to check on the site for details.
If you're opted in to receive emails from us, we will contact you with our latest offers.